Boston Statement 2.9.2015
Our thoughts are with the victim of this terrible incident. We have been in close contact with the BPD since the allegations were reported and have been proactively providing information to them that has helped with their investigation. The driver in question has been removed from the platform pending the ongoing investigation.
Here are the facts we know at this time:
- The driver was affiliated with Uber Boston as a partner on the uberX platform.
- Mr. Dakiri passed Uber’s Federal, State and Local background screening for uberX on January 13, 2015 and UberBLACK on September 23, 2014.
- Mr. Dakiri was operating under a Livery registration from the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles.
- Uber is in contact with BPD and has proactively provided information for use in their ongoing investigation.
- Upon learning of these allegations the driver was immediately removed from the Uber platform.
Today, I’m excited to announce that Arianna Huffington will join Uber’s board. For those of us who know Arianna, it’s clear she knows a thing or two about being an entrepreneur. As the founder and editor-in-chief of The Huffington Post, she’s built one of the most successful, innovative media companies in the world… from scratch. […]