Boston Statement 2.9.2015
Our thoughts are with the victim of this terrible incident. We have been in close contact with the BPD since the allegations were reported and have been proactively providing information to them that has helped with their investigation. The driver in question has been removed from the platform pending the ongoing investigation.
Here are the facts we know at this time:
- The driver was affiliated with Uber Boston as a partner on the uberX platform.
- Mr. Dakiri passed Uber’s Federal, State and Local background screening for uberX on January 13, 2015 and UberBLACK on September 23, 2014.
- Mr. Dakiri was operating under a Livery registration from the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles.
- Uber is in contact with BPD and has proactively provided information for use in their ongoing investigation.
- Upon learning of these allegations the driver was immediately removed from the Uber platform.
Whether you’re a freshman or a senior headed back to campus this fall, one thing is certain—you’ll need to eat. And there is nothing worse than being limited to questionable cafeteria food or taking a chance on expired leftovers in the back of the fridge. The best news? UberEATS is expanding to 30+ major college campuses by the end of the year, from Penn State to LSU to Boise State. Since we want you to focus on what you love about college and not worry about your next meal, we’re predicting the 5 times you’ll need to order UberEATS this semester.
We are excited to surpass the 100th city mark by welcoming two Brazilian cities, Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, to the UberEATS family. From Atlanta to Warsaw, people have truly embraced this easy and reliable way to discover the food they love at the push of a button. Whether that’s an Indian inspired samosa, a good old-fashioned American burger or Vietnamese pho, people in 27 countries are using UberEATS to get a taste of the world’s flavors at the push of a button.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.