Your #SpringRacingRide – Smooth From A to B.
This year we expect to help thousands of riders travel to and from the races in style, and are gearing up for this Spring Racing Carnival to be our busiest ever.
To ease the expected congestion and help make your trip to and from the races a sure bet, we’ve taken a few measures to make the requesting process as smooth as possible for both driver-partners and riders. If you’re choosing Uber for your #SpringRacingRide to or from Flemington this Saturday or next week, here’s what you need to know:
- You’ll be unable to request from inside Flemington Racecourse. Head outside of the grounds to Langs Road, Fisher Parade, Epsom Road or Princes Highway to request a ride.
- Your uberX driver-partner will also be unable to drop off inside Flemington Racecourse
- Once you’re in a good spot, double check to make sure your pickup location is accurate
- Demand is expected to be very high. It’s likely that dynamic pricing will come into effect during busy times
- Heavy traffic and detours around the racetrack may lead to delayed ETAs.
MAKE IT A WINNING PICK UP
After a few cocktails, the night may get blurry. Keep your ride crystal clear by following these steps:
- Confirm your driver-partner. Call your driver if needed, and double check their name and number plate number before you go.
- No IOUs. Fare split your ride with friends and pay just a fraction of the flat rate (we’ll even do the maths for you)!
KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT
Our goal is to be the most reliable ride on the road. For events of this kind we see such high demand that the number of available cars gets tight, and dynamic pricing can go into effect to encourage more driver-partners to get out on the road.
With dynamic pricing, Uber rates increase to get more cars on the road and ensure reliability during the busiest times. When enough cars are on the road, prices go back down to normal levels. Important details:
RIDE WITH CLASS
Before you request, keep your party size in mind. At this time you can request an uberX or UberBLACK for a maximum of four passengers.
Speaking of party, remember the following are never allowed in the car:
- Illegal substances
Thank you for your continued support as we work to make your #SpringRacingRide a smooth experience from A to B.
We’re super pumped to introduce a safe, reliable and affordable way to get around Wollongong from 12pm today. With the launch of uberX, Wollongong locals will be able to push a button and get a ride across town within minutes. See our full service area here. We’re confident ridesharing will be a positive addition to […]