Get into the holiday spirit with UberCAROLS and Macarons On-Demand
This Friday will be one of the biggest nights in Sydney’s social calendar, and many of you will turn to Uber to find a ride home when taxis are scarce. Now we’ve invented one more reason to be Uber.
This Friday from 12-5pm, we will be delivering choirs to sing carols at workplaces, backyards and beaches across Sydney on-demand. If three festive tunes from Sydney’s best choristers at full volume aren’t enough to lift the spirits in your workplace, the choirs will also be carrying a dozen seasonal Adriano Zumbo ‘Zumbarons.’
All this for just $50, making you instantly the coolest kid in your office (or the most hated.)
[h2 class=”” span=””]What you need to know[/h2]
- Download the Uber app for iPhone, Android, or Blackberry.
- Open a new Uber account. We’ll ask for your credit card in advance, but you won’t be charged until you purchase carols or take a ride.
- Choirs will be roaming Sydney’s CBD and Eastern Suburbs from 12 noon – 5 pm Friday December 13th ONLY. A new “CAROLS” option will appear in the app.
- Use the pin to set your location, then tap “Set Pickup Location”, and then “Request Carols”.
- If there is a choir available nearby, you’ll have UberCAROLS delivered to you for a private performance within minutes.
- All successful bookings include a five person choir singing up to three carols plus six Candy Cane flavoured and six Christmas Pudding flavoured ‘Zumbarons’ (RRP $30)
- Additional macaron 6 packs can be purchased for $15 (subject to availability).
- Your choir will meet you at the first point of entry to your requested location. Please alert security if necessary.
- No cash required! Your UberCAROLS will be charged directly to your Uber account.
- Carollers include members of the Sydney Conservatorium and the Ascoltati Choir.
[h2 class=”” span=””]What is Uber?[/h2]
UBER is an app that allows everyone to have a private driver experience with their smart phone. Simply press a button on your phone, watch your car drive to you on the map, and within a matter of minutes, you’ll be on your way. Your credit card is on file, so there’s no need to carry cash. At the end of the ride we’ll email you a detailed receipt. In Sydney, you can request a choice of three rides:
- TAXI – Request a regular Sydney cab, without zero credit card surcharge.
- BLACK – A classy unmarked Caprice for 20-30% more than a taxi.
- LUX – High-end BMW, Audi and Mercedes vehicles for special occasions.
New users can sign up with the promotion code SYDNEY20 for $20 off their first ride in Sydney before the end of 2013.
[h2 class=”” span=””]Who is Zumbo?[/h2]
Adriano Zumbo the ‘sweet assassin’ is no ordinary patissier. His creations elicit admiration from critics and the public alike and for good reason; they’re unique in concept and execution – quite simply, you won’t find anything else quite like it in Australia. ‘Zumbo’ became a household name after appearing on hit TV show Masterchef Australia as a guest judge in 2009. He was also a judge in 2010 and 2011 and is known for his technically challenging desserts.
We’re super pumped to introduce a safe, reliable and affordable way to get around Wollongong from 12pm today. With the launch of uberX, Wollongong locals will be able to push a button and get a ride across town within minutes. See our full service area here. We’re confident ridesharing will be a positive addition to […]