HOWZAAAAAAT! Your UberUMPIRE is arriving now!
There’s no Aussie pastime more sacred than a summer game of backyard cricket. But like so many great traditions, the official ‘rules’ of this revered sport have long been a cause of debate, testing the patience (and mateship) of well-meaning backyard athletes across the nation.
We thought it was about time someone put a stop to this, so we’ve joined forces with the legendary Billy Bowden and our mates at Optus to bring you UberUMPIRE – your very own, real-life, legit, Cricket Umpire on-demand.
Request an UberUMPIRE this ‘Straya Day!
With the touch of a button, you’ll be able to request an UberUMPIRE to lay down the law and officiate your game of backyard cricket for three overs. The best part? It’s absolutely FREE.
UberUMPIRE will be available in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide and Canberra.
How it works
- Download the Uber app.
- On Tuesday 26 January, open your Uber app between 11am – 3pm.
- Slide across to the UberUMPIRE view and request an ‘UberUMPIRE’.
- If available, an UberUMPIRE will make its way to your backyard.
- Demand is likely to be sky-high, so if you can’t request straight off the bat (boom!) keep trying, UberUMPIRE runs until 3pm.
- Want to preview the UberUMPIRE view before Australia Day? Unlock the secret UberUMPIRE option in your app now using the promo code ‘UMPIRE’.
To stay up-to-date and join the pun-fest that is UberUMPIRE, check out the #UberUMPIRE hashtag on Twitter and Instagram.
All puns intended,
- Your Umpire will officiate the game for three overs, or a maximum of 30 minutes
- Demand will be high in each city and availability is limited. A request does not guarantee fulfilment
- Be safe out there!
We’re super pumped to introduce a safe, reliable and affordable way to get around Wollongong from 12pm today. With the launch of uberX, Wollongong locals will be able to push a button and get a ride across town within minutes. See our full service area here. We’re confident ridesharing will be a positive addition to […]