Thanks for applying to Uber!
Thanks for signing up to become a partner with Uber in Geelong! When you signed up you would have been directed to our sign-up process and asked to provide some information and upload some documents. Below are some further instructions to help you through the process and get you on the road sooner!
If you signed out of the sign-up process you can always get back in! Head to partners.uber.com and login. You provided your email and password when you initially signed up.
Do all of the below before you come in to the onboarding session and you will qualify for a $100 bonus once you complete 20 trips!
1. What car do you drive?
The sign-up process asks you to enter your car type. To Partner with Uber your car must meet the following requirements:
- 2005 or newer
- 4 doors
- seat 4 passengers
- registered in a persons name (not a company’s)
- you are listed as a driver of the vehicle on the insurance
There are a range of car makes and models to choose from however not every car in production will be listed. Don’t worry, you can still partner with Uber! We add new cars as they come on to the system. Just pick the closest type and continue. We can fix it up at the onboarding session.
Please note: you or your spouse have to be the registered owner of the car and you have to be a listed driver on the car’s insurance policy.
2. Upload the required documents
The signup flow asks you to upload 3 documents. Do all of the following and we will be able to onboard you faster:
- make sure you take clear and legible photos of these documents and review them on your computer before uploading,
- whilst you have the option of scanning, please use a photo instead. It is much easier to upload into our system,
- please don’t try and upload multiple pages for the single document – it will not upload correctly.
Here are some tips to help you get it right first time:
Your Driver’s Licence
Easy. We need an Australian driver’s licence that you have held for 1 year or more. Make sure the expiry date is able to be clearly seen.
Tip: Put your Victorian licence on a white background before you take the photo
Your Comprehensive or Third Party Property Vehicle Insurance
We need to get a valid copy of your insurance. To partner with Uber, you must have comprehensive or Third Party Property Insurance for your car and you must be listed on the policy.
The document you provide must clearly show all of the below. Contact your insurance company if you do not have one at hand.
- Name (your name)
- Vehicle registration number (licence plate)
- Expiration date (must be current)
- The type of insurance (either Third Party Property or Comprehensive)
Usually your Certificate of Insurance or policy schedule will have the required information. Please contact your insurer and explain the detail you require. They should be able to send it to you.
We cannot accept:
- monthly insurance unless there is a clear indication that whilst paid monthly it is in fact an annual policy expiring on a yearly basis. You can prove this by asking for a “Certificate of Currency” from your insurance agency (similar to what is shown below).
Your Passport or Birth Certificate
We need a copy of the photo page of your passport or your birth certificate.
4. Watch the training video
The sign-up flow will ask you to watch a video that lasts for approximately 15 minutes and explains the Uber system. Watch the entire video and pay close attention. You can view it again here: Driver Training Course. Pay close attention – there is a small quiz that you will need to pass!
We also have stacks of other great training videos here. Please make sure you have watched the video in full before coming into the office.
5. Register for an onboarding session!
Once we have all your documents, it will be possible for you to arrange an onboarding session to ask questions, complete the background check and receive your equipment.
Please contact us at email@example.com