Hello Sydney, it’s your FREE TAXI WEEK
We launched uberTAXI in June to fix everything that sucks about riding a taxi in Sydney: unreliable “next available” telephone bookings, 10% credit card surcharges, and lacklustre customer service when you have a complaint or lost item. Hundreds of Sydney’s best cabbies are now using Uber’s technology, and we’re celebrating with a FREE TAXI WEEK.
That’s right: Request a taxi with the Uber app before midday Friday 20 September, and your ride will be FREE (up to $30). This is *the* week to tell your mum, e-mail your co-workers, and share Uber with your mates on Facebook!
You might get lucky and ride a taxi stocked up with Uber gear including hoodies and neon singlets. We’ll be stuck in our office, so please share photos of your #FREETAXIWEEK with us via Instagram and Facebook.
[h3 class=”” span=””]So, where are you going to ride?[/h3]
We’re teaming up with venues around Sydney to offer special deals if you show them your free uberTAXI receipt during the promotion.
- The Keystone Group is offering $10 espresso martinis at all of their venues.
- Our friends at The Passage will shout you a complimentary Tiger Beer or house wine.
- On Thursday night, Hugo’s Bar is offering a complimentary drink on arrival for their ROLL CALL launch.
- For more ideas, check our Yelp’s spotlight on Newtown, Glebe and Crown Street for new areas to explore.
[h3 class=”” span=””]What makes an uberTAXI ride awesome? [/h3]
- Uber partners only with Sydney’s best cabbies, as rated by riders.
- Riders simply tap one button to hail a cab. No phone calls required.
- Watch your taxi drive to you turn-by-turn on a map, with a realtime ETA calculated to the nearest minute. We believe that customers shouldn’t be standing on the street corner flailing their hands while taxis drive by to choose their customer. With Uber, you stay inside at the bar instead and wait for your driver to come to you.
- At the end of an Uber trip you pay without a pin, swipe or sign – you just walk away, and we’ll email you a detailed receipt.
- Running late for a meeting? Share your taxi location and ETA with an SMS
- Uber is a transparent, trusted system that is much safer than an anonymous street pickup.
- Uber meets all drivers to inspect their license and NSW Driver Authority card before they can join. Passengers must register their phone number and credit card too, to help prevent no-shows and cab-bolts.
- Customer support is always on hand to follow up on any troubles, lost items, etc.
- There are zero credit card fees on Uber. You and your business could be saving 10% on your taxis.
You can also use the Uber app to request rides in more luxurious sedans – choose BLACK for an unmarked Holden Caprice, or LUX to ride a BMW or Mercedes for a special occasion. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 40 cities today including Melbourne, New York, Paris and Singapore, Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. Uber has been widely reviewed by Australian publications including the Sydney Morning Herald, AFR, The Australian, Choice and endorsed by celebrities in Marie Claire, Famous and Vogue.
[h3 class=”” span=””]The Fine Print[/h3]
- No special codes to enter – just download the app and request a taxi before the promotion expires at midday on Friday, September 20th.
- This is for local rides only, up to $30 each. Riders will start paying if the fare exceeds $30.
- Max 2 rides per Uber account.
- New and existing users are eligible.
- Users must select the TAXI option. Promotion does not apply to BLACK or LUX rides.
- There are hundreds of taxis using the Uber system, but availability may still be limited during peak times.
A new report conducted in partnership with Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) reveals that when empowered with more transportation options like Uber, people are making better choices that save lives.
New technologies are creating opportunities no one could have imagined. To understand Uber’s place in that trend, we commissioned a survey of our driver-partners and put together a comprehensive analysis.