Romance On-Demand Presented By The Bold Italic
On Thursday, February 14th, Uber SF, in partnership with The Bold Italic, will present Romance On Demand. In celebration of love, we’ll be offering a package featuring one dozen Whole Trade roses from Whole Foods, a gift bag filled with treats from Bay Area vendors including letterpress printshop Western Editions, and (most exciting of all) a serenade from one of six soul stirring local musical acts. This package is priced at $150. Below are step-by-step instructions for how to make your request seamless.
- The promotion will only be available from 12 PM-5 PM on February 14th. Look for the hearts on iPhone, Android, or m.uber.com and select the “Romance” car type
- Think outside the box. Romance On Demand is perfect for lovers, friends, family members, co-workers, and mortal enemies you wish to confound (they’ll never see it coming)
- Either move the pin to the location where you want Romance On Demand delivered or press the address bar and manually enter the appropriate location.
- Confirm Romance On Demand for $150
- Wait by the phone. An “Uber Romance Representative” will call you at the number associated with your account. The U.R.R. will ask for specific information about the request location, to whom Romance On-Demand is to be delivered, and any special instructions
- Each Romance On-Demand package will include one soulful serenade, one dozen roses, and a gift package
- The U.R.R. will help organize pictures and will encourage tweets and instagrams with the hashtag #RomanceOnDemand. Keep tabs on that hashtag to share in the fun
San Francisco is for lovers, so we expect a high number of requests for Romance On Demand. If there are no packages available, keep trying. But we can not guarantee that every romantic will receive a serenade.
Here are the talented acts that will be featured during Romance On Demand:
The Ramshackle Romeos Featuring Jamin Barton with Doug Hilsinger
This Dusty Stax duo will pay tribute to the great American singer-songwriter, Neil Diamond, by performing his love songs Forever in Blue Jeans and Play Me. For those looking to convey a different kind of sentiment, the duo can also play Girl, You’ll be a Woman Soon.
Keith Slogan featuring Robert Spector
Robert sings for a variety of local bands, including BRONZE, and moonlights as a lounge singer for Dusty Stax. For Romance On Demand, he’s prepared renditions of the classic show tune My Funny Valentine and the bossanova hit Quando, Quando, Quando.
Inspired by their childhood favorites, Donovan, Simon & Garfunkel, and Dolly Parton, this duo evolved from the electronic inspired band Monolith to the acoustic piano outfit, Billy & Dolly. Their music was recently featured on the series True Blood and they’ll be performing the classic pop songs Words of Love by Buddy Holly, and Love is All Around and With a Girl Like You by The Troggs.
Pebbles Cottenwood featuring Meryl Press with Marc Capelle
Meryl is a member of Dusty Stax’s Golden Girls, Bobb Saggeth, a Black Sabbath cover band, and a former member of the band Citay. She will be accompanied by drum machine and melodica to perform Fever, the song made famous by legends like Peggy Lee, Ella Fitzgerald, and Nancy Sinatra.
A former Chicago blues and New Orleans gospel singer, Quinn brings a unique blend of soul to the Bay Area. For Valentine’s Day, he’ll be channeling the influences of Ray Charles, Bo Diddley and Fats Domino to deliver an unforgettable serenade.
Uke Hammer featuring Alfred Swanson
This Dusty Stax duo will be accompanied by a ukelele and percussionist , and will be prepared to cover a variety of love songs including Don’t Ever Change by The Kinks, The Prettiest Star by David Bowie, Needles and Pins by The Searchers and Xanadu by Olivia Newton John. For those looking to convey heartbreak, the duo can play The End of the World by Skeeter Davis. Scorned lovers can request Enjoy The Silence by Depeche Mode.
We’re excited to be working with The Bold Italic and cannot wait to celebrate Valentine’s Day with you, San Francisco style.
A new report conducted in partnership with Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) reveals that when empowered with more transportation options like Uber, people are making better choices that save lives.
New technologies are creating opportunities no one could have imagined. To understand Uber’s place in that trend, we commissioned a survey of our driver-partners and put together a comprehensive analysis.