Uber Under the Mistletoe this New Years Eve
New Years Eve is coming up and we all know what that means: champagne toasts, mistletoe and a hard time getting a ride to and from your super swanky NYE party… For the first time in PHX history you have another transportation option to make that trip easier, Uber!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
We are going to be busy sweeping up sparkling celebrators all over the PHX Metro to and from parties, so don’t give up if you can’t get an Uber on your first shot. Just take another sip from your champagne flute, grab one more kiss from your lovely/handsome date and try your request again in a few minutes. If you see a surge pricing notification please pay careful attention to the current rates before confirming your request, or wait a few minutes for additional cars to become available and for prices to go back down (more information about surge pricing can be found here).
PHX NEW YEARS EVE PRO TIPS:
- Verify, cross-check and confirm you’re getting in the right car. Be sure to verify your driver’s name and/or the license plate given in the app to make sure you’ve got the right Uber.
- Make sure your pickup address is correct. You can always tap the pickup location at the top of the app to manually insert your address to avoid confusion!
- It’s gonna be BUSY. This means that it might take a bit longer than normal to get to you. The more people and the more cars on the road well… you know…
- Keep an eye out on your app for surge pricing notifications as the eve comes closer.
- Don’t drink and drive! Please be safe and Uber on home.
As you know you can ALWAYS reach out to supportPHX@uber.com if you have any questions, concerns, suggestions, positive experiences… Well, you get the idea!
Happy New Year!
– Gabe your Uber Phoenix Community Manager.
Today, we are excited to announce that Uber will give $5.5M to support a new robotics faculty chair as well as three fellowships at CMU. This gift is part of a partnership we announced earlier this year. In addition, we’re pumped to be part of a growing innovation ecosystem in Pittsburgh that includes world leading research institutions and companies, as well as an increasing number of start-ups.
A new report conducted in partnership with Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) reveals that when empowered with more transportation options like Uber, people are making better choices that save lives.