Uber Announces Second Avenue Subway Expansion
WE COMPLETED THE SECOND AVENUE SUBWAY OVERNIGHT
Last night, we gave the subway line often referred to as The Line That Time Forgot an overnight overhaul. After decades of waiting, we decided to take 2nd Avenue into our own hands. The project, which many believed would take years to complete, was wrapped up early this morning, to the delight of New Yorkers young and old.
The U TRAIN line runs the length of 2nd Avenue in Manhattan for the normal fare of $2.50. No need to stand clear of the closing doors, our partner drivers will handle that.
|SPREAD THE WORD|
HOW IT WORKS
- Open the Uber app anywhere on 2nd Avenue
- Select U TRAIN and tap ‘Catch Subway Here’ to request pickup on 2nd Avenue
- Ride up or down the line — your trip must begin and end on 2nd Avenue for the $2.50 fare to apply
- Share your inaugural trip on the U TRAIN with #UberSubway
- U TRAIN will be available on April 1, 2014, from 12 AM EDT to 11:59 PM EDT
- Rides must begin and end on 2nd Avenue for the $2.50 flat rate to apply
We have developed a new pilot program – Xchange Leasing – which is a leasing option administered by an Uber subsidiary and designed to fit with the flexibility that drivers value most. The Xchange lease is one of a kind, and offers value that traditional auto leases do not provide. Unlike most multi-year leases that have high fees for early termination, drivers who participate in Xchange for at least 30 days will be able to return the car with only two weeks notice, and limited additional costs. The program allows for unlimited mileage and the option to lease a used car, with routine maintenance also included.
A new report conducted in partnership with Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) reveals that when empowered with more transportation options like Uber, people are making better choices that save lives.
New technologies are creating opportunities no one could have imagined. To understand Uber’s place in that trend, we commissioned a survey of our driver-partners and put together a comprehensive analysis.