Introducing Uber Taxi NYC + One Free Ride for Every New Yorker
Watch this video. Laugh because it has happened to you. Then read on to learn about getting a FREE NYC taxi ride, our most recent offering from the Uber Garage.
Make “Upstreaming” a thing of the past with Uber NYC. This week we’re launching FREE NYC Taxi rides for every New Yorker. Now you can request a yellow cab with the tap of an app.
Here’s how it works:
– Free TAXI week will be available in NYC starting today, Wednesday (until Wednesday September 12th).
– At the end of your ride, the driver will input the meter fare into the driver application. 20% gratuity will be automatically added to the fare.
– The free ride is up to $25. The remainder will be charged to your credit card on file.
During Free TAXI Week, the TAXI option will only be available for one trip.
– TAXI is an experiment for Uber NYC riders and Uber’s high quality Black car service option will remain the default in the Uber application.
– You must select the TAXI icon in the app to get your free ride. Otherwise you could be requesting a luxury Uber black car – not too shabby, but not free either so be careful when requesting!
This is a really BIG deal for NYC transportation. We’re excited to offer New Yorkers a step towards more reliable, more convenient, and more accessible NYC taxi service. If you have any questions, comments or feedback, let us know on twitter – @Uber_NYC #UberYellow, or email – firstname.lastname@example.org
– The Uber NYC Team
A typical ride: you request, have small talk with your driver, and safely get where you need to go. For Jonathan, a driver-partner in California, his rides are anything but ordinary — he wants his passengers to have fun and turned each trip into a dance party — and now the latest viral video. We caught up with the man in front of the cam to learn more about what inspired him to create this feel-good video.
A new report conducted in partnership with Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) reveals that when empowered with more transportation options like Uber, people are making better choices that save lives.
New technologies are creating opportunities no one could have imagined. To understand Uber’s place in that trend, we commissioned a survey of our driver-partners and put together a comprehensive analysis.