Introducing Uber Taxi NYC + One Free Ride for Every New Yorker
Watch this video. Laugh because it has happened to you. Then read on to learn about getting a FREE NYC taxi ride, our most recent offering from the Uber Garage.
Make “Upstreaming” a thing of the past with Uber NYC. This week we’re launching FREE NYC Taxi rides for every New Yorker. Now you can request a yellow cab with the tap of an app.
Here’s how it works:
– Free TAXI week will be available in NYC starting today, Wednesday (until Wednesday September 12th).
– At the end of your ride, the driver will input the meter fare into the driver application. 20% gratuity will be automatically added to the fare.
– The free ride is up to $25. The remainder will be charged to your credit card on file.
During Free TAXI Week, the TAXI option will only be available for one trip.
– TAXI is an experiment for Uber NYC riders and Uber’s high quality Black car service option will remain the default in the Uber application.
– You must select the TAXI icon in the app to get your free ride. Otherwise you could be requesting a luxury Uber black car – not too shabby, but not free either so be careful when requesting!
This is a really BIG deal for NYC transportation. We’re excited to offer New Yorkers a step towards more reliable, more convenient, and more accessible NYC taxi service. If you have any questions, comments or feedback, let us know on twitter – @Uber_NYC #UberYellow, or email – firstname.lastname@example.org
– The Uber NYC Team
As a data-driven company, we understand the power of information for communities. Since day one, our mission has been to connect people with reliable rides through the use of data and technology. As our footprint has grown throughout the years, so has our ability to use the Uber network in different ways. Starting today and […]
Today, we are excited to announce that Uber will give $5.5M to support a new robotics faculty chair as well as three fellowships at CMU. This gift is part of a partnership we announced earlier this year. In addition, we’re pumped to be part of a growing innovation ecosystem in Pittsburgh that includes world leading research institutions and companies, as well as an increasing number of start-ups.