Amongst the architecture and art of London, few things are more iconic than the black cab. But just as our city’s physical landscape adapts over time, so too must our means of getting around it.
Today, on top of our existing three options of uberX, EXEC and LUX cars in London, we’re opening up the Uber platform to London’s Black Taxis, bringing one more safe, reliable and seamless option to London riders.
Londoners are savvy decision makers; they have different needs in different situations. Launching UberTAXI today delivers another option for consumers and more choice for London drivers too.
How will it work?
UberTAXI – like all services on the Uber platform – is completely cashless, enabling users to book and pay directly through the Uber app. Users simply select the TAXI option in-app, take a ride, and their card will be charged automatically. UberTAXI can seat up to five passengers, is wheelchair accessible and can more easily take oversized luggage.
- UberTAXI pricing will follow the same fare rates set out by Transport for London
- There will be no booking fees or additional charges to clients
- Clients can set their default tipping rate for TAXI at riders.uber.com
- We’ll charge a flat commission of just 5%
- The meter will start at the time that the taxi arrives at pick up
- £7 cancellation fee, just like on EXEC
- TAXI will offer a 5 min waiting time
- Riders must be over 18 years of age to use the Uber app
- We expect initial availability to be limited due to high demand.
We recognise the unique heritage and value of traditional black cabs when it comes to getting around. UberTAXI is another way of using technology to offer more choice, making life simpler and keeping London moving.
A typical ride: you request, have small talk with your driver, and safely get where you need to go. For Jonathan, a driver-partner in California, his rides are anything but ordinary — he wants his passengers to have fun and turned each trip into a dance party — and now the latest viral video. We caught up with the man in front of the cam to learn more about what inspired him to create this feel-good video.
A new report conducted in partnership with Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) reveals that when empowered with more transportation options like Uber, people are making better choices that save lives.
New technologies are creating opportunities no one could have imagined. To understand Uber’s place in that trend, we commissioned a survey of our driver-partners and put together a comprehensive analysis.