Hong Kong, Your UberTAXI Is Arriving Now!
In Hong Kong’s fast-paced way-of-life, few things are more iconic than red taxis darting around the city.
Beginning August 14, Uber is adding Hong Kong taxis to our platform, on top of our existing options of UberXL 7-Seaters and UberBLACK Mercedes S-Classes. Now, we are bringing one more safe, reliable and seamless option to the Hong Kong.
Hong Kongers are savvy; they have different travel needs everyday. UberTAXI creates another choice for riders and new opportunity for Hong Kong taxi drivers.
EXPERIENCE TAXIS WITH UBER
- Cash-free: UberTAXI is a completely cash-free experience. When you arrive at your destination, you can simply get out of the taxi and go on your way. The metered fare will be charged to your credit card on file.
- Service: Uber works only with the best driver partners, driven by rider ratings. If you have any feedback or complaints with your ride, reply to your receipt, and we’ll make it right.
- Efficient: Riders simply tap one button to hail a cab. There are far better things to do than wait in queues. Watch your taxi drive to you turn-by-turn on a map, with in-progress estimated time of arrival (ETA).
- Destination: Enter your destination in the app, and the driver will have exact directions to the destination sent to his app and you can follow it on your app while you sit back and relax!
- Safety: Uber is a transparent, trusted system: much safer for both riders and drivers than an anonymous street pickup.
- UberTAXI pricing will follow the same regulated fares as regular taxis.
- There will be no booking fees or additional charges to riders.
- The meter will start at the time that the taxi arrives at pick up.
- HK$10 cancellation fee applies if you cancel after 5 minutes of booking.
- We expect initial availability to be limited due to high demand.
UberTAXI is another way of using technology to offer more choice, making life simpler and keeping Hong Kong moving.
We have developed a new pilot program – Xchange Leasing – which is a leasing option administered by an Uber subsidiary and designed to fit with the flexibility that drivers value most. The Xchange lease is one of a kind, and offers value that traditional auto leases do not provide. Unlike most multi-year leases that have high fees for early termination, drivers who participate in Xchange for at least 30 days will be able to return the car with only two weeks notice, and limited additional costs. The program allows for unlimited mileage and the option to lease a used car, with routine maintenance also included.
A new report conducted in partnership with Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) reveals that when empowered with more transportation options like Uber, people are making better choices that save lives.
New technologies are creating opportunities no one could have imagined. To understand Uber’s place in that trend, we commissioned a survey of our driver-partners and put together a comprehensive analysis.