Hong Kong, Your UberTAXI Is Arriving Now!
In Hong Kong’s fast-paced way-of-life, few things are more iconic than red taxis darting around the city.
Beginning August 14, Uber is adding Hong Kong taxis to our platform, on top of our existing options of UberXL 7-Seaters and UberBLACK Mercedes S-Classes. Now, we are bringing one more safe, reliable and seamless option to the Hong Kong.
Hong Kongers are savvy; they have different travel needs everyday. UberTAXI creates another choice for riders and new opportunity for Hong Kong taxi drivers.
EXPERIENCE TAXIS WITH UBER
- Cash-free: UberTAXI is a completely cash-free experience. When you arrive at your destination, you can simply get out of the taxi and go on your way. The metered fare will be charged to your credit card on file.
- Service: Uber works only with the best driver partners, driven by rider ratings. If you have any feedback or complaints with your ride, reply to your receipt, and we’ll make it right.
- Efficient: Riders simply tap one button to hail a cab. There are far better things to do than wait in queues. Watch your taxi drive to you turn-by-turn on a map, with in-progress estimated time of arrival (ETA).
- Destination: Enter your destination in the app, and the driver will have exact directions to the destination sent to his app and you can follow it on your app while you sit back and relax!
- Safety: Uber is a transparent, trusted system: much safer for both riders and drivers than an anonymous street pickup.
- UberTAXI pricing will follow the same regulated fares as regular taxis.
- There will be no booking fees or additional charges to riders.
- The meter will start at the time that the taxi arrives at pick up.
- HK$10 cancellation fee applies if you cancel after 5 minutes of booking.
- We expect initial availability to be limited due to high demand.
UberTAXI is another way of using technology to offer more choice, making life simpler and keeping Hong Kong moving.
A typical ride: you request, have small talk with your driver, and safely get where you need to go. For Jonathan, a driver-partner in California, his rides are anything but ordinary — he wants his passengers to have fun and turned each trip into a dance party — and now the latest viral video. We caught up with the man in front of the cam to learn more about what inspired him to create this feel-good video.
A new report conducted in partnership with Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) reveals that when empowered with more transportation options like Uber, people are making better choices that save lives.
New technologies are creating opportunities no one could have imagined. To understand Uber’s place in that trend, we commissioned a survey of our driver-partners and put together a comprehensive analysis.