Uber Chicago – FREE(DOM) TAXI RIDE on Election Day!
On November 6th, we all have some big decisions to make as we decide on the next President of the United States. One decision you shouldn’t have to make is how you’ll get to the polls.
That’s why Uber is teaming up with Rock the Vote to offer Chicago Voters a FREE(DOM) TAXI RIDE to their polling place.
Simply enter the promo code VOTECHI, select the TAXI option in Uber’s iPhone or Android app (or via m.uber.com) and your cab will arrive in minutes. The discount will be available during voting hours on November 6th (6am-7pm). With the ease of Uber’s service, you’ll feel like we’re bringing the ballot to you!
A few things to keep in mind:
- One FREE(DOM) TAXI ride is available for each Uber account holder that enter the promo code VOTECHI. For more info on how to enter a Promo Code, click here.
- The Uber trip must begin or end at a Chicago Polling Location and is valid between 6am and 7pm on Tuesday, November 6.
- The first $20.12 of your trip will be FREE, and any amount exceeding $20.12 will be charged to your card on file.
- The FREE RIDE requires an Uber account and use of Uber’s iPhone/Android app or m.uber.com mobile web request.
- While Uber has hundreds of TAXIs that connect to its system, the drivers do have other business too, so be patient if your first request isn’t fulfilled. TAXIs will be opening up every few minutes, so keep checking the app.
How do I receive the discount?
Enter the promo code VOTEUBER during sign-up, in your app (options menu, left hand corner) or text VOTEUBER only to 827-222.
How do I request?
Download the Uber iPhone/Android app. Sign-up for an account. Set your pick-up location and press Request. That’s it!
What does it cost?
TAXI from Uber costs the same as a Chicago city cab. Your driver will enter the metered fare and then Uber will automatically add a 20% gratuity for the driver. You’ll receive an emailed receipt showing the breakdown.
Is it safe?
Yes, all TAXI drivers with Uber are licensed Chicago city cab drivers.
We have developed a new pilot program – Xchange Leasing – which is a leasing option administered by an Uber subsidiary and designed to fit with the flexibility that drivers value most. The Xchange lease is one of a kind, and offers value that traditional auto leases do not provide. Unlike most multi-year leases that have high fees for early termination, drivers who participate in Xchange for at least 30 days will be able to return the car with only two weeks notice, and limited additional costs. The program allows for unlimited mileage and the option to lease a used car, with routine maintenance also included.
A new report conducted in partnership with Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) reveals that when empowered with more transportation options like Uber, people are making better choices that save lives.
New technologies are creating opportunities no one could have imagined. To understand Uber’s place in that trend, we commissioned a survey of our driver-partners and put together a comprehensive analysis.