Go Places With PayPal
As we’ve launched Uber in new cities around the world, we’ve learned many new things. For example, in Bogotá, there is no “black car service” – professional drivers have white cars. In Paris, drivers calling riders by their first names is a faux pas. And though we scream for ice cream in the USA, they sing vibrato for gelato down under.
But one of the most important things we’ve learned: while we Americans charge our credit cards with abandon, not everyone does. That’s why we’re excited to announce…
You can now pay for your rides with PayPal
in Germany, Italy, France, the Netherlands and the USA!
Plus, through 11/28/13, get $15 off your next ride when you pay with PayPal! (excludes UberTAXI)
Love PayPal. New to Uber?
Love PayPal. Already Uber?
- Update your Uber app to the latest version
- Select “Payment” from the menu in your Uber app
- Tap “Add Payment”
- Tap “PayPal” to add your PayPal account
- Select PayPal as your payment method and take a ride. The discount will apply automatically.
Whether you’re new to Uber or a long time user, we hope you enjoy the added flexibility of paying with PayPal. Expect this feature to roll out to more countries in the near future.
Offer Fine Print
- Discount only applicable to fares paid for with a PayPal account.
- Discount will apply automatically at the end of your trip and can be seen on your receipt.
- Limit one $15 discount per person (discount is 15 EURO in Germany, Italy, France, the Netherlands)
- Discount will not apply to rides using the TAXI option.
- Offer expires 11/28/13
Today, we are excited to announce that Uber will give $5.5M to support a new robotics faculty chair as well as three fellowships at CMU. This gift is part of a partnership we announced earlier this year. In addition, we’re pumped to be part of a growing innovation ecosystem in Pittsburgh that includes world leading research institutions and companies, as well as an increasing number of start-ups.
A new report conducted in partnership with Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) reveals that when empowered with more transportation options like Uber, people are making better choices that save lives.