Go Places With PayPal
As we’ve launched Uber in new cities around the world, we’ve learned many new things. For example, in Bogotá, there is no “black car service” – professional drivers have white cars. In Paris, drivers calling riders by their first names is a faux pas. And though we scream for ice cream in the USA, they sing vibrato for gelato down under.
But one of the most important things we’ve learned: while we Americans charge our credit cards with abandon, not everyone does. That’s why we’re excited to announce…
You can now pay for your rides with PayPal
in Germany, Italy, France, the Netherlands and the USA!
Plus, through 11/28/13, get $15 off your next ride when you pay with PayPal! (excludes UberTAXI)
Love PayPal. New to Uber?
Love PayPal. Already Uber?
- Update your Uber app to the latest version
- Select “Payment” from the menu in your Uber app
- Tap “Add Payment”
- Tap “PayPal” to add your PayPal account
- Select PayPal as your payment method and take a ride. The discount will apply automatically.
Whether you’re new to Uber or a long time user, we hope you enjoy the added flexibility of paying with PayPal. Expect this feature to roll out to more countries in the near future.
Offer Fine Print
- Discount only applicable to fares paid for with a PayPal account.
- Discount will apply automatically at the end of your trip and can be seen on your receipt.
- Limit one $15 discount per person (discount is 15 EURO in Germany, Italy, France, the Netherlands)
- Discount will not apply to rides using the TAXI option.
- Offer expires 11/28/13
A typical ride: you request, have small talk with your driver, and safely get where you need to go. For Jonathan, a driver-partner in California, his rides are anything but ordinary — he wants his passengers to have fun and turned each trip into a dance party — and now the latest viral video. We caught up with the man in front of the cam to learn more about what inspired him to create this feel-good video.
A new report conducted in partnership with Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) reveals that when empowered with more transportation options like Uber, people are making better choices that save lives.
New technologies are creating opportunities no one could have imagined. To understand Uber’s place in that trend, we commissioned a survey of our driver-partners and put together a comprehensive analysis.