Fare Splitting = Fair Splitting
It’s been said that 4 out of 3 people can’t do fractions. At Uber, we love math (we have a whole team dedicated to it!) but we understand that not everyone does. So we’re going to do the long division for you.
SPLIT YOUR FARE WITH FRIENDS USING THE LATEST UBER APP!
To split a fare, you…
- Request a ride
- Tap the “up arrow” icon next to your driver’s info
- Select “Split Fare”
- Choose your friends
- Tap “Send”
- Tap the link in the text message from Uber
- Your friends who don’t have an Uber account will be prompted to download the app and sign up
- Your Uber-savvy friends will be taken directly to the Uber app
- Your friends will confirm they want to split your fare
Then let Uber take care of the rest!
Simplify your life and your fractions. Use fare splitting anytime, anywhere and with anyone:
- That friend who conveniently “forgets” to pay you back
- Saturday night with your entourage (an SUV split six ways = an 83.33333% discount!)
- The couple that has to split everything down the middle
It’s a simple formula: Uber + Friends = :)
Math is hard, Uber isn’t.
Today, we are excited to announce that Uber will give $5.5M to support a new robotics faculty chair as well as three fellowships at CMU. This gift is part of a partnership we announced earlier this year. In addition, we’re pumped to be part of a growing innovation ecosystem in Pittsburgh that includes world leading research institutions and companies, as well as an increasing number of start-ups.
A new report conducted in partnership with Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) reveals that when empowered with more transportation options like Uber, people are making better choices that save lives.