Valentine’s Day: Go from Zero to Hero
Once a year it comes. A day when expectations are set so high that one wrong move could be devastating. DON’T mess this up! Uber can help…
Unless danger turns you on, taxi’s aren’t romantic. Ever. Having a limo show up curbside and open the door for you and your date? No-brainer. Before Uber, you would have had to reserve in advance a black car for several hours for such occasions. Uber’s changing the game:
- You can simply request a car via SMS or the app when you need it, and SNAP, a car is en route.
- Nothing screams anti-romance like dealing with cash. It’s uncomfortable and can shift a romantic moment into a logistical one. Yuck! All payment is done through the backend like iTunes. No cash. No tipping. No mood killers. ;)
- If you’re behind in your V-day plans, you can go from zero to hero in no time by choosing Uber for your holiday plans. Valentine’s Day-Fail-Woman-Wrath is nothing to mess with…
Uber’s holding a CONTEST to Give you the V-day Hookup!
While we’ll have loads of cars for all you little love birds on February 14th, we’d like to give one lucky rider the Uber/Cupid treatment! Submit either:
b.) Why you’re desperately in need of the Uber hookup! (doghouse anyone?)
What do I win???
- Your ride to and from your V-day dinner plans on Uber (within SF)
- A bouquet of a dozen roses delivered with your ride! Zing!!
Submit your stories to firstname.lastname@example.org and by Saturday afternoon we’ll announce the winner and post the winning submission to our blog!
A typical ride: you request, have small talk with your driver, and safely get where you need to go. For Jonathan, a driver-partner in California, his rides are anything but ordinary — he wants his passengers to have fun and turned each trip into a dance party — and now the latest viral video. We caught up with the man in front of the cam to learn more about what inspired him to create this feel-good video.
A new report conducted in partnership with Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) reveals that when empowered with more transportation options like Uber, people are making better choices that save lives.
New technologies are creating opportunities no one could have imagined. To understand Uber’s place in that trend, we commissioned a survey of our driver-partners and put together a comprehensive analysis.