Introducing…Oakland Airport Flat Rate!
Many of you know and love that Uber rides to and from SFO are $65. You swear by it for your world travels and business trips. But what about when Kayak or Jetblue give you San Franciscans a tremendous deal from Oakland Airport??? —> No Uber for You! Not anymore…
~We’re proud to announce:
$85 Flat Rates
to OR from Oakland Airport~
How it Works:
If you’re traveling to OAK from San Francisco:
- Request early to leave time for traffic. Your driver will help you load any bags you have.
- Enjoy a comfortable ride to the airport. First class doesn’t have to start on the plane :)
- Running late? Luckily, you can just hop out of the car and don’t have to worry about cash, tricky math or tipping. $85 will be charged to your card on file. Phew!
- Enjoy your ride? Sweet! Rate your driver at the end of the trip to let us know how Uber he was.
If you’re landing in OAK and heading to San Francisco, Uber can come to your rescue:
- Request an Uber car while landing or from the baggage claim using the app (for text message use “1 Airport Dr, Oakland”).
- Call your driver to confirm your airline, pickup gate, etc.
- Be sure not to cancel on your driver more than two minutes after you get the ETA, as he’s driving all the way from San Francisco to come get you.
- You’ll be alerted via text message your driver arrives. Easy! And again, if you spent all of your cash on overpriced drinks and food at the airport earlier…no worries. Uber’s got you covered with backend billing. Still $85.
Technology is shifting the process of traveling away from the nightmare it’s been in the past, and instead, toward something far more palatable, and we at Uber hope to help pioneer the way to comfort. Travel safely Uberites. No more airport discrimination!
A typical ride: you request, have small talk with your driver, and safely get where you need to go. For Jonathan, a driver-partner in California, his rides are anything but ordinary — he wants his passengers to have fun and turned each trip into a dance party — and now the latest viral video. We caught up with the man in front of the cam to learn more about what inspired him to create this feel-good video.
A new report conducted in partnership with Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) reveals that when empowered with more transportation options like Uber, people are making better choices that save lives.
New technologies are creating opportunities no one could have imagined. To understand Uber’s place in that trend, we commissioned a survey of our driver-partners and put together a comprehensive analysis.